Custom Search

Sugababes model the Christmas 2010 sale bargains

| |

JFS STYLE


Take three girls, a rail of designer labels slashed by up to 75 per cent in the sales, a couple of trunkfuls of must-have shoes, and let the dressing-up fun begin.

We invited the Sugababes – Jade Ewen, Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah – to test-drive some of the fabulous fashion bargains to be found in the January sales, many of which are starting on Boxing Day.

The girl-band are back on strong form after Britain’s Eurovision star, Jade Ewen, replaced founder-member Keisha Buchanan, who left in the summer, and have just finished filming the video for their new single, Wear My Kiss, which will be released in February.

They have a very individual approach to style, but have several things in common (apart from the stage), including the love of a good bargain and enthusiasm for “wearing the flag” by choosing British labels, such as Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen and Nicole Farhi, and designs by the younger, London-based stars, Peter Pilotto, Erdem, David Koma, Graeme Armour and Dean Quinn.

Heidi’s best sale bargain

“My Stella McCartney blanket coat is a favourite. My boyfriend bought it for me several years ago. It was expensive, even at sale price, but it will last forever. I wear it every winter. If I see something I really love, I try to sweet-talk the sales staff to put it away for me, so I can get it at a discount price. I’m really into Chanel handbags. I’ve got six now, and I’m still counting. They’re totally classic.”

Amelle’s sales tip

“I love a sale, but it’s best to go to the big department stores or shop on net-a-porter.com, where you have the choice of lots of different brands and you can shop around. Some of my best bargains have been Preen and Alexander McQueen from net-a-porter.com, and Givenchy from Selfridges. I shop by eye and almost never try things on. One in 10 things may not work, but I usually get it right.”

Jade’s shopping formula

Jade is the band’s “shoe queen”, and owns dozens and dozens of pairs. “I’ve got far more shoes than clothes. Shoes are my weak spot, especially Giuseppi Zanotti. When the sales are on, I like to make a whole day of it. I traipse up and down Bond Street and Regent Street. If I see something I like, I have to have it. I can’t stand getting home and thinking, 'I should have bought that’.”

Hilary’s sale shopping master plan: how to be a woman on a mission

1 Check your wardrobe for what you really need.

2 Give yourself a budget – and stick to it.

3 Be a 'Lone Ranger’; friends can muddle your thoughts.

4 Wear flat shoes – but carry heels in your bag so that you can check length and proportion.

5 Try it on: ten minutes in the fitting room can save you untold amounts of money.

6 Always choose classic over quirky; it will result in a better CPW (cost per wear).
By Hilary Alexander
http://jfsstyle.blogspot.com

Share

1 Step Guide To Find The Best Hotel Rates
Compare all top travel sites at once at HotelsCombined

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
 
© Copyright 2010. yourblogname.com . All rights reserved | yourblogname.com is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by o-om.com - zoomtemplate.com